Arsène has rotated the team but not as much as perhaps we would have expected. The surprise story is that Theo Walcott has failed to start in the last three games in a row and will continue to bide his time on the bench. The other big news is that Gabriel has come into the team at the expense of Per Mertesacker, so Santi Cazorla will wear the captains armband.
We need to understand that football is not just about attacking and it’s not just about when you have the ball. Tonight we were destroyed defensively when we gave the ball away, we need to organise things at the back a lot better. Our squad is very attacking, which is concerning. Tonight’s line-up left just three defensive minded players on the pitch in Coquelin, Mertesacker and Koscielny. In the Champions League, that’s not enough. Any side can tear us apart and if by some miracle we advance to the next round, I’m concerned by the damage a bigger side can do.
Arsene Wenger looks to be going for goals tonight with a rather attacking line up. Both Kieran Gibbs and Hector Bellerin are included in the starting line up to add width and pace. Danny Welbeck has once again been preferred to Theo Walcott which implies that we will witness another 90 minutes of high pressing from Arsenal
Arsene has kept faith with the attacking team that brushed aside Middlesbrough last weekend. Danny Welbeck keeps his place in the side ahead of Theo Walcott which is very interesting. Francis Coquelin comes back into the team ahead of Mathieu Flamini so it will be interesting to see how the team look with the younger Frenchman in the side
New boy Gabriel makes his Arsenal debut this afternoon as vice captain Per Mertesacker is rested to the bench. So the Brazilian will be partnered alongside Laurent Koscielny. It is an interesting partnership as both players are supposed to be similar in style. Many have had worries that they might not be able to function alongside each other due to the past relationship between Koscielny and Vermaelen. But I tend to believe the latter just was not as good at defending as we all hoped rather than an issue of chemistry, So today's partnership looks very interesting. They have not played together in a game so we will have to hope the gel and gel fast.
- Leicester City (h) Confirmed Line Up: Sexy line up on show as Alexis, Rosicky & Walcott come in
- Tottenham (a) "Losing is crap but losing to Spurs feels infinitely worse" - Q&A
- Tottenham (a) Confirmed Line Up: Welbeck makes surprise start
- Aston Villa (h) "I thought he was comfortably the best player on the pitch" - Q&A
- Aston Villa (h) Confirmed Line Up: Theo and Özil keep places / Gabriel on bench
- Brighton (a) "He made us tick, and brought a dynamism to our attacking play" - Q&A
- Brighton (a) Confirmed Line Up: Szczesny, Özil & Walcott start while Alexis & Santi drop to bench